PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR (PROACT & PROSELL)
LOCATION: Abuja and field visits
JOB FAMILY: Property & Logistics
SALARY: LEVEL: C2 national
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: To ensure that the operational implementation of Oxfam programmes and strategy is:
• Properly planned and managed by a professional supply and logistic team;
• Efficient, through the timely availability of assets and a transparent supply chain, with close monitoring of the consumption and use of those assets;
Structured through the clear definition of individual responsibilities and appropriate processes and ways of working within supply and logistics and with others
JOB PURPOSE: To strengthen Oxfam's humanitarian and non humanitarian procurement and supply.
Postholder reports to: Country Supply and Logistics manager
Staff reporting to this post: Supply and logistics officer and one supply and logistics assistant Assistant
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: None
BACKGROUND: Oxfam is committed to improving is work in Nigeria and increasing impact by strengthening the effectiveness and accountability of its development programmes.
The procurement coordinator supports to the supply and logistics manager in the envisioning, development and delivery of procurement and service delivery systems, structures, processes and policies across the Kebbi, Adamawa and Taraba states and the country office when it comes to PROACT AND PROSELL (P&P) projects.
The job holder will contribute to strengthening Oxfam’s (P&P) programs responses by ensuring efficient, transparent and cost effective coordination of activities within supply chain and logistics in line with Oxfam policies and procedures (procurement planning, warehousing deliveries of goods and service)
To be responsible for the provision of a proactive, efficient and effective donor and financial compliance & risk management service to Oxfam’s (P&P) Programmes in Nigeria and –matrix role of the country logistics manager
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
• Support the S&L manager in implementation and update procurement plans for PROACT AND PROSELL programmes with clear specifications and details.
• Support needs based on requirements stated in Country plans for (P&P) projects and budgets.
• Make sure there is cost savings on goods and service delivery on all procurement activities.
• Develop framework agreements with suppliers to allow Oxfam more flexibility around goods or services contracted both in terms of volume and relevance of goods and services while ensuring that each purchase represents the best value. Solid framework agreements are anticipated to reduce the cost and time of tendering.
• Organise procurement & tendering processes in a manner that meets the five metrics of delivering goods and services with the a) right quantity, b) right quality, c) at the right price, d) at the right time and e) at the right location.
• Develop simple tools and make them available for three State Supply and Logistics staff while working to decentralise procurement to the three states State levels
• Seek approval for bid proposals and specifications; composes requests for review by the relevant Committees and presents recommendations on purchase contracts requiring Management and/or Board approval to the Country Director for preliminary review sign off.
• Evaluate price and past performance of contracts and seek approval where there is price increases and/or reductions as appropriate.
• Ensure optimal cost, quality and service delivery via efficient procurement scheduling, inventory minimisation and customer order fulfilment requirements.
• Oversee vendor selection processes and selects top quality 3rd parties and partners based on predetermined criteria and set Oxfam standards; makes suitable selection recommendations to line manager and Country Director.
• Provide support to the staff and partners on good quality donor & financial procurement/logistics administration, development of procurement plan and monitoring tool/framework. This includes assessing & assuring the quality and accuracy of compliance to donor and Oxfam’s procurement standards and specific contract terms and condition with clear audit trails and supporting documentation.
• Monitoring on the procurement/supply chain/warehousing management consistency & operation of the Oxfam systems for full donor contract management of (P&P) projects.
• Influences the development of strategy, supports operational implementation and develops solutions to diverse and simplify complex problems within organisational policy for the 3 states.
• Handling and ensuring the procurement thresholds, vetting processes are followed, response to queries on logistics and administration related matters from donors/partners/finance and non- financial staff for (P&P) projects.
• Support enforcement of local laws and Oxfam corporate & regional standards.
• Contribute to comprehensive risk assessment, monitoring and supporting good quality risk management for both financial and donor contractual activity across the projects operating in the country to include partners funded compliance to procurement/logistics requirements
• To contribute to the development of logistics/procurement policies, procedures and strategy and systems enhancements related to (P&P) projects.
• Produce regular and ad hoc management reports as agreed with line manager in line with the post holder’s objectives.
• Frequent field visits to the three states and or as requested by line manager.
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Management, Business Administration, and Accounting, Finance or any other relevant discipline of study.
• Professional accreditation certification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
• Minimum of 4 years “hands-on” working experience in procurement and supply systems, with an international NGO including 2 years at supervisory level.
• Good understanding of working with EU procurement requirements and prior experience of monitoring/managing budgets.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, communication skills (oral and written), report writing skills and negotiation skills.
• Experience using a computerised system (Ms. Word, Excel, Procurement software etc.)
• Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
• Knowledge of local languages spoken in Kebbi, Adamawa and Taraba states.
• Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
• Extensive work experience in procurement and supply role,
• Extensive experience of supply chain management and procurement activities.
• Well-developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to anticipate challenges, and to be flexible in demanding situations.
• Knowledge of International Import / Export procedures and guidelines.
• Good written and spoken English is essential. Commitment to Oxfam's equal opportunity and gender policies.
• Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into logistics programmes
How to Apply:
Candidates interested in any of this position should please email an application letter and Curriculum vitae as one attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject of the email. Completed applications should reach us before COB Sunday November 18th, 2018. Only applications in the required format will be considered.