What we do
Our work in Nigeria focuses on the following areas of interventions:
- Responding to the worsening security situation and to the low capacity within the institutional humanitarian framework, and meet the basic needs of those displaced and in food insecurity.
- Building a more diversified economy, less dependent on extractive industries, with job opportunities for young people and more investment in agriculture.
- Transforming the state into a transparent set of institutions with the resources and capacities to deliver essential services, held accountable by engaged and informed citizens.
- Transforming women’s experience of gender discrimination and gender based violence, which discourages women from representation and leadership roles.
- Reducing inequality, so that the benefits from economic growth translate in to increase in the incomes and opportunities of the poorest.