SUPPLY AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
JOB TITLE: Supply and Logistics Officer
Position is contingent upon Contract Award
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: West Africa Region, Taraba State
JOB FAMILY: Program
Salary: Based on the National Salary Scale of Nigeria Country Office Level:
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering.
TEAM PURPOSE: To deliver Oxfam’s strategic and operational emergency/resilient food security and livelihood priorities in Nigeria and ensure innovative and quality programme which is shared within Nigeria, the West Africa Region and beyond.
The Security, Procurement/Logistics /Admin Officer is responsible for managing logistics for staff, vehicle fleet, assets, communications, procurement, security and properties to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the state based Oxfam staff. Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Post holder reports to: Taraba State Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: 2 Staff (Office Assistant and Office Cleaner)
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: None although this might change
The The State Supply and Logistics Officer will perform the following specific duties:
Transport & Fleet
• Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
• Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
• Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
• Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
• Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
• Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
• Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
• Liaise with airlines for flight travel ensuring value for money. Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travelers on pick up an drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans
• Ensure accommodation is arranged for travelers. Ensure best value for money and that travelers are clearly informed well in advance
Asset & Facility Management
• Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
• Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
• Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
• Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
• Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
• Ensure the telephone system is operational and cost effective (CUG). Report any defective equipment or service. Check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs
• Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost. Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Log Assistant or Logistic Officer.
Procurement and Supply
• Oversee procurement requirements of the State Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.)
• Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with capital office if procurement must be conducted there
• Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
• Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and logistics support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
• Monitor procurement and logistics support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
• Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables
• Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
• Maintain a general document-filing system.
• Manage calendars and arrangement of meetings for Senior staff
• Ad hoc typing & photocopying for Senior Staff
• Co-ordinate and maintain the Oxfam State Office resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
• Assist in the production and publications of all EU project official text, reports and other material in consultation with the Livelihoods Program Manager.
• Manage day-to-day upkeep of and administrations for agreements, including seeking resolution i.e for issues with IT, Internet system and phone lines.
Other - Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
• Maintain and regularly update current contact database of other INGO organizations, donors and embassies.
• Maintain and where necessary develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information.
• Co-ordinate and maintain the Oxfam resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
• Manage the diaries of the Livelihoods Manager and state team where required.
• Ensure the regular collection and dissemination of the mail and courier.
Administration & Reports
• Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
• Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers, cleaners and guards and any other logistics support by managing performance on an on-going basis
• Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programs and Abuja office as may be required
• Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
• Update Asset Register and send to Abuja office every month
• Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to Abuja office once per month.
• Comply with all relevant Oxfam policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
• Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
• Carry out any other tasks required by the line manage
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
• accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
• high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
• holds self and others accountable
• future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
• working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• designing more effective admin systems
• willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Administrative & General Skills
• Level of Education – Bachelor Degree
• Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
• Language Requirements – English – Excellent; Hausa (spoken) - Good
• Level of IT Expertise Required - Good
• Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 4
• Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO
• Experience in a relatively insecure state based environment
Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
How to Apply:
Candidates interested in any of this position should please email an application letter and Curriculum vitae as one attachment to email@example.com with the position title as the subject of the email. Completed applications should reach us before COB Tuseday September 25th, 2018. Only applications in the required format will be considered.